School Based Health Center Program
It’s not always easy for adolescents to get access to convenient and affordable care. That’s why InterCare Community Health Network is dedicated to providing access to high-quality, comprehensive primary care for teens. One of our goals is to help ensure small health problems don’t become big health problems!
Below are some of the services our School Based Health Center Provides
• Treatment for illness or injury
• Assistance with applications for Medicaid and MIChild/Healthy Kids health insurance
• Mental health services; including individual, family and group counseling, as well as crisis intervention.
• Counseling and education on nutrition, weight control, family planning, substance abuse, and other concerns
• Lab Tests
• Referrals to other health services
• School Physicals
• Sports Physicals
Students from Benton Harbor and surrounding areas from ages 5-21 may use the services of the health center. Each student must have a signed consent form from a parent/guardian on file. Phone consent may be obtained for one visit. All insurances are accepted, including Medicaid. There is a sliding fee scale for those without insurance. Care will be provided regardless of ability to pay.